Applicants must present one or more documents in each of the following categories. Additional documents may be required.
NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PLACE OF BIRTH (U.S. Citizen)
- U.S. Birth Certificate – certified with an embossed, stamped or raised seal issued by a state or local government. (Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable.)
- U.S. Passport (valid or expired)
- Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization, or Birth Abroad
- U.S. Military Identification Card or Discharge Papers – Military document must be accompanied by a copy of U.S. Birth Certificate issued by a state or local government.
If you were born in Missouri and need to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, you may contact the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services for assistance.
U.S. Citizens who have previously verified place of birth after July 1, 2005, and the department’s records indicate such verification, are exempt from this requirement.
NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PLACE OF BIRTH (Non-U.S. Citizen)
- Non-U.S. citizens should examine the complete listing of acceptable documents for proof of name, date of birth, and place of birth.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (ALL Applicants)
- Provide your Social Security Number (verbally, or by presenting your Social Security card); or
- If a Social Security Number has not been assigned, the applicant must present a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) regarding the status of the applicant’s Social Security Number.
MISSOURI RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS(ALL Applicants)
- Utility bill
- Pay Check
- Government Check
- Mortgage Document
- Voter Registration Card
- Property Tax Receipt
- Housing Rental Contract
- Bank Statement
NOTE: A Post Office Box will not be allowed as a residential address.
Self certification is allowed if documents are not available.
Residential address is the location at which a person has been physically present and regards as home. A residential address is a person’s true, fixed, principal, and permanent home, to which a person intends to return and remain, even though currently residing elsewhere.