Unless you seriously injure or kill someone, not likely. In Missouri, the penalties can be harsh, but will rarely require jail time.
A DWI in Missouri, specifically in St. Louis, will usually lead to the following penalties and fees:
- Court Costs: $115 to $150
- Administrative Fees: $505 to $1,380
- Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Assessment screening to review your driving record: $126
- Victim Impact Panel (VIP)
- Alcohol and Drug Education Program (ADEP)
- Defensive Driving School
- Depending on the municipality, possible community service
- License Reinstatement Fee: $45
- Ignition Interlock Device Fee: $190
- Insurance Rate Increases: $5,080 or more over five years
- Loss of professional license for doctors, pilots, lawyers and teachers
Thus, if you get arrested for your first DWI, it’s certainly a serious deal. However, the chances of going to jail are slim.