If you live in St. Louis, you recognize this scene. Accidents on 270 are a daily occurrence for St. Louis drivers.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”3397″ img_size=”medium”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
“I was in an Accident on 270” – we hear it all the time.
We see it on the news EVERY SINGLE DAY. Clients call us about it on a weekly basis. They say, “I was in an accident on 270.” Not surprisingly, we see more accidents on Interstate 270 than on any other roadway in St. Louis. The vast majority of the car crashes, as you might expect, are from rear-end collisions. Sadly, these accidents on 270 have become a daily struggle and serious danger for St. Louis drivers.
Why So Many Accidents on 270?
By far, the #1 answer to this question is distracted driving. The culprit is usually a cell phone, but we’ve seen everything from people falling asleep to drivers leaning over to pick up food from the floorboard. It’s sad but true. Other reasons for all of the accidents on 270 are obvious:
- I-270 is one of the busiest interstates in the state of Missouri;
- The I-27o outerbelt runs through some of the most densely populated areas in St. Louis; and
- Congestion leads to an accordion effect, which leads to rear-end collisions.
Injured in an Accident on 270?
We’re very sorry to hear that. Frankly, we’re not surprised. These accidents happen at very high rates of speed. Even when the accidents happen at a lower speed, the force of the impact is transferred to the people sitting inside the vehicles (I bet you didn’t know that). This is why it infuriates us when insurance companies try to say, “Oh, it was just a fender bender.” That’s complete nonsense and we don’t let the insurance companies get away with it.
What Should You Do If You Were In an Accident on 270?
- Get witness names and numbers.
- Get medical treatment – at the very least, get a check-up with our primary care physician.
- Follow up with witnesses!
- Don’t give a recorded statement.
- At a minimum, contact a lawyer to make sure you get all of your questions answered.
- Determine the value of your case.
- Send a demand.
- Finally, settle for a fair amount – don’t settle for the insurance company’s value.
Have More Questions About Your Accident on 270?
Give us a call at 888.550.4026. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]