“10 Horrifying Facts About Car Crash Claims You Wish You Never Knew”
When it comes to car crashes, most of us are familiar with the physical and emotional trauma that can be involved. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize the financial impact car crashes can have on their lives. Car crash claims can be incredibly expensive and complex, and often require the assistance of a lawyer to ensure victims receive the compensation they deserve. Here are 10 horrifying facts about car crash claims that you wish you never knew.
1. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for Americans aged 1-54. Each year, over 37,000 people lose their lives in car crashes in the U.S., making it the most deadly form of transportation in the country.
2. The cost of a car crash claim can easily exceed $100,000 or more. You may have to pay for medical costs, lost wages, property damage, and even pain and suffering. In some cases, long-term care or disability may also be necessary.
3. Insurance companies are not always willing to pay out what you deserve for your car crash claim. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to protect your interests. They may attempt to minimize your claim or deny it altogether in order to save money.
4. It is not unusual for insurance companies to deny valid claims based on minor technicalities or incomplete paperwork. This can leave you with little or no compensation for your losses despite filing a valid claim.
5. Even if an insurance company does accept responsibility for a car crash claim, they may attempt to delay payments for as long as possible in order to reduce the amount they have to pay out.
6. If you are injured in a car crash and file a claim with an insurance company, they may ask you to sign a release agreement before paying out any money. These agreements often limit or waive your rights to pursue any future legal action against the other party involved in the accident or their insurance company if they were at fault for the accident.
7. If multiple parties are involved in a car crash, it is not unusual for each party’s insurance company to try and blame one another for the accident instead of taking responsibility themselves. This leaves victims without any compensation unless they pursue legal action against all parties involved in the accident – a process that can take months or even years before there is any resolution or payment made out to victims of an accident.
8. Because car crashes involve so many variables and often require expert testimony from medical professionals, forensic experts and more – pursuing legal action is often necessary if you want to receive full compensation for your losses due to an accident caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness on the road.
9 .Most personal injury lawyers will take on auto accident claims on a contingency basis which means that you don’t have to pay them anything up front – only if they win your case will they collect a percentage of what you receive from your settlement as payment for their services rendered on your behalf .
10 . If you are injured due to another driver’s negligence in a car crash, it is important that you seek legal representation right away – even if it seems like there was minimal damage done or no injuries suffered at all . The longer you wait , the more difficult it becomes to prove fault , gather evidence , and build your case . With an experienced lawyer by your side , however , you can be sure that justice will be served and that you will receive full compensation for all of your losses related to the accident .