“10 Shocking Statistics About Car Crash Claims That Will Make You Think Twice About Driving”
We all know how easy it is to get behind the wheel and hit the open road. But if you’ve ever been in a car accident, you know how serious the consequences can be. Car crashes are responsible for thousands of deaths and injuries each year, and the costs associated with them can be staggering. Here are 10 shocking statistics about car crash claims that will make you think twice about driving:
1. Over 37,000 people die in car accidents each year in the United States alone. That’s an average of 102 people every day.
2. The total cost of car crash-related fatalities and injuries in the US is estimated at $871 billion annually.
3. Nearly 2 million people are injured in motor vehicle accidents each year, with an average of 6 million crashes reported annually.
4. On average, there are more than 40,000 traffic fatalities every year in the US, making it one of the leading causes of death among adults aged 34 and younger.
5. Motor vehicle crashes cost employers $47 billion a year in medical care, legal expenses, property damage, and lost productivity.
6. Accidents involving drunk drivers account for nearly one-third of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in the U.S., resulting in over 10,000 deaths each year.
7. More than half of all fatal car accidents involve only one vehicle.
8. Over 9 out of 10 car accident fatalities occur on roads with speed limits higher than 50 mph.
9. Seat belts reduce the risk of fatal injury to front seat passengers by 45%, and by 60% for those riding in the backseat.
10. In 2017, over 16% of all fatal motor vehicle crashes involved distracted driving such as texting or talking on a cell phone while driving.
These statistics show just how serious car crashes can be and why it’s so important to take extra precautions when behind the wheel – from always wearing your seat belt to never driving under the influence or when tired or distracted by your phone or other devices. But even if you do everything right, accidents can still happen – and that’s when having an experienced lawyer on your side can make all the difference in getting justice and compensation for your losses. A skilled attorney can help you navigate insurance claims, negotiate with opposing parties, and ensure that you get what you deserve after a serious accident has taken place. Don’t let yourself become a statistic – get an experienced lawyer on your side today to protect your rights after a crash has taken place.