“10 Shocking Statistics About Car Crash Claims That Will Make You Think Twice Before Driving”
We all know that car accidents are a reality of life, but what we don’t think about are the statistics behind them. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were over 6 million car crashes in 2018 alone. That’s an average of 16,400 crashes per day! The numbers may not be surprising, but the consequences can be shocking and often lead to devastating results.
Here are 10 shocking statistics about car crash claims that will make you think twice before driving:
1. One out of every four drivers involved in a crash will be injured or killed. This means that if you’re behind the wheel of a vehicle, you have a 25 percent chance of injury or death if you get into an accident.
2. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 1 and 54 in the United States. That’s right – car accidents kill more people than any other cause in this age group.
3. The average cost of a car accident is estimated to be around $9,000. This includes medical bills, lost wages, property damage and other costs associated with being involved in an accident.
4. Around 50 percent of all car crash fatalities are due to people not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. Wearing your seatbelt is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself from injury or death in an accident.
5. It is estimated that around 90 percent of car crashes are caused by human error. This means that taking extra precautions when operating your vehicle can help reduce your chances of getting into an accident by 90 percent!
6. Around 75 percent of car crash victims require some form of medical care following their accident. This includes emergency room visits, physical therapy and even surgery depending on the severity of the crash.
7. In 2017 alone, there were 3 million people injured as a result of car crashes in the US. That’s equivalent to one person getting injured every 13 seconds!
8. Over 2 million people suffer from long-term disabilities as a result of their car crash injuries each year in America. This includes physical disabilities such as paralysis or brain injuries that can affect a person’s quality of life for years after their accident has occurred.
9. Car crashes cost American taxpayers over $230 billion each year in medical expenses and lost productivity due to injury or death caused by these accidents.
10. Over 40,000 people died in car crashes throughout 2018 in America – that’s more than 110 people every day!
These startling statistics demonstrate just how dangerous driving can be if we aren’t careful enough when behind the wheel—it’s essential to always pay attention while driving and remain vigilant while on the roads at all times to ensure our safety and those around us. Additionally, if you do happen to get into an accident, it is important to seek legal representation from a qualified lawyer who can help you seek compensation for your injuries, damages and pain/suffering associated with your experience—especially if they were caused by another party’s negligence or recklessness on the roads.. With an experienced lawyer on your side, you can rest assured knowing that you have someone fighting for your rights and protecting your legal interests during this trying time—ensuring that you receive fair compensation for any harms caused by another’s actions on the roadways so you can focus on recovering from your traumatic experience without feeling financially burdened throughout this process..