“13 Surprising Facts About Car Crash Claims You Need To Know”
When it comes to car crashes, understanding the legal system and the process of filing a claim can be daunting. To make it easier, here are 13 surprising facts about car crash claims you need to know.
1. You Don’t Have to File a Claim Immediately – You are allowed up to three years to file a claim after a car crash. It is important, however, to start the process as soon as possible to ensure the best outcome.
2. Who’s At Fault Matters – Who is at fault for the crash will determine who is liable for the damages. It is important to determine who is at fault as soon as possible.
3. You Need a Good Lawyer – A good car crash lawyer will be able to advise you on the best course of action and guide you through the process. It is important to have a lawyer to help you get the most out of your claim.
4. Insurance Companies Are Not Your Friends – Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not providing justice. They will try to get away with paying out as little as possible, so it is important to have a lawyer to ensure that you get the most out of your claim.
5. You Don’t Have to Accept the First Offer – Insurance companies will often make a lowball offer in the hopes that you will accept it. Don’t be afraid to negotiate and hold out for a better offer.
6. You Can Receive Compensation For More Than Just Damage to Your Vehicle – In addition to damage to your vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
7. You Don’t Have to Pay Upfront – A good car crash lawyer will not require you to pay anything upfront. Most will work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay them a percentage of whatever you receive from the claim.
8. Don’t Take the Blame – Even if you think you may be partially at fault for the crash, don’t admit fault. It is better to let your lawyer handle the negotiations.
9. Don’t Sign Anything Without Consulting a Lawyer – If the other party offers to settle the claim, don’t agree to anything or sign anything until you have consulted with a lawyer.
10. You Can File a Claim Without Going to Court – It is possible to settle a claim out of court. This can be beneficial as it can save you time and money.
11. You Can File a Claim Even If You Don’t Have Insurance – If you don’t have insurance, you can still file a claim against the other driver’s insurance.
12. You Can Get Help With Medical Bills – You may be able to get help with medical bills through your car insurance policy or through the other driver’s insurance.
13. Don’t Wait Too Long – The longer you wait to file a claim, the harder it may be to get a fair settlement. It is important to take action as soon as possible.
Understanding the process of filing a claim after a car crash can be complicated. It is important to have a good lawyer to ensure that you get the most out of your claim and to ensure that you are treated fairly. By understanding these 13 surprising facts about car crash claims, you can ensure the best possible outcome.