“7 Reasons Why Car Crash Claims Are On The Rise – And What You Can Do To Avoid Them!”
The number of car crash claims is on the rise, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down anytime soon. There are many factors at play when it comes to car crashes, and understanding them can help you reduce your chances of being involved in one. In this article, we’ll look at seven reasons why car crash claims are on the rise – and what you can do to avoid them.
1. Distracted Driving: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that more than 3,000 people die each year from distracted driving. Distracted driving is any activity that takes a driver’s focus away from the road, such as texting or talking on a cell phone while driving. It’s important to always keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel when driving, as even a few seconds of distraction can have catastrophic results.
2. Impaired Driving: According to the NHTSA, nearly 10,000 people are killed each year due to drunk driving. Alcohol and drug impairment makes it difficult for drivers to focus, react quickly and make good decisions while behind the wheel. If you plan to drink alcohol before getting behind the wheel, never drive while impaired or ride with someone who is.
3. Poor Road Conditions: Poorly maintained or designed roads can increase the chances of car crashes occurring. It’s important to always be aware of your surroundings while driving and stay alert for any potential hazards in the roadway such as potholes or debris.
4. Weather Conditions: Inclement weather such as rain, snow or fog can make driving conditions more dangerous and increase your chances of getting into an accident. Be sure to slow down and keep a safe distance from other vehicles when driving in poor weather conditions.
5. Speed: Excessive speed can lead to a loss of control over your vehicle, resulting in an accident or worse. Always adhere to posted speed limits and never drive faster than you feel comfortable doing so.
6. Fatigue: Drowsy driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving and can lead to serious accidents if you don’t take steps to prevent it. If you feel sleepy while behind the wheel, pull over to rest or change drivers if possible.
7. Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Keeping up with regular vehicle maintenance is key for ensuring your car operates safely and efficiently at all times. Regularly check tire pressure and tread depth, inspect brakes for wear and tear and replace worn out parts as needed to reduce your risk of being involved in an accident due to mechanical failure.
If you are ever involved in a car crash, it’s important that you contact a lawyer right away who specializes in auto accident law so they can help guide you through the process of filing a claim and obtaining compensation for any damages or injuries sustained in the incident. A knowledgeable attorney will understand all applicable laws related to car crashes and be able to advocate for your best interests throughout the process – something that could prove invaluable if your case ends up in court or arbitration proceedings with another party involved in the crash.
In conclusion, there are many reasons why car crash claims are on the rise – some of which we have highlighted here today – but by understanding these causes we can better equip ourselves with knowledge on how best to reduce our chances of being involved in an accident ourselves in future drives . Taking precautions like avoiding distracted driving , never driving impaired , being aware of road conditions , keeping an eye out for inclement weather , adhering to posted speed limits , avoiding drowsy driving , and making sure our vehicles are regularly maintained will all help us stay safe behind the wheel . And should you ever find yourself needing legal assistance after a car crash , remember that having an experienced auto accident attorney by your side is essential for ensuring that justice is served .