“7 Shocking Facts About Car Crash Claims That Will Blow Your Mind!”
As a driver, you may be aware of the risks associated with getting into a car accident. But what you may not know are the shocking facts surrounding car crash claims. Knowing these facts will help you to protect yourself in the event of an accident and get the compensation you deserve. Here are 7 shocking facts about car crash claims that will blow your mind:
1. Many Accidents Go Unreported – You might be surprised to learn that many car accidents actually go unreported. This means that if you are involved in an accident and don’t report it, there is no way for your insurance company to know it happened. This can leave you without the coverage you need if you ever have to make a claim.
2. Insurance Companies Don’t Always Play Fair – Insurance companies have one goal: to minimize their financial losses. Unfortunately, this means they may not always play fair when it comes to settling a claim. You may find that your insurance company is denying your claim or offering an amount that doesn’t even cover your medical expenses or repairs for your vehicle.
3. Statutes of Limitations – Every state has its own statutes of limitations when it comes to filing a claim for damages resulting from a car accident. If you don’t file within this time frame, you could lose your right to receive any compensation for your injuries or damages. It’s important to be aware of the statute of limitations in your state so that you don’t miss out on any potential recovery for your losses.
4. Fault Determinations Take Time – It can take time for fault determinations to be made in a car accident case, especially if the other driver involved is disputing liability or there are multiple parties involved in the crash. This delay can cause financial strain as well as physical pain and suffering while waiting for a resolution.
5. Damage Awards May Not Cover All Your Losses – If a court finds in favor of awarding damages, the amount may not cover all of your losses such as medical expenses and lost wages due to being unable to work while recovering from injuries sustained in the crash. It’s important to understand what types of damages are available so that you can make sure all of your losses are accounted for when filing a claim or pursuing litigation against another party responsible for causing the crash.
6. Legal Representation Is Essential – When facing off with an insurance company or opposing party, having legal representation is essential for ensuring that your rights are protected and that all of your losses are fully compensated for by either party responsible for causing the crash or by insurance settlement offers extended by insurers on behalf of those parties at fault for causing the crash..
7. Settlements Can Take Time – Lastly, settlements from insurance companies can also take time depending on how complex the case is and how much evidence needs to be gathered before a settlement offer is presented by insurers on behalf of those parties at fault for causing the crash..
Having knowledge about these facts regarding car crash claims is essential if you ever find yourself in this situation. Knowing these facts will help ensure that you get the compensation you deserve and protect yourself against unfair treatment by insurance companies or other parties involved in the crash who may be disputing liability or responsibility for causing it. Working with an experienced attorney who specializes in car accident cases can make all difference when it comes to getting maximum compensation quickly and efficiently while protecting your rights throughout the process so that justice is served accordingly.