“7 Surprising Facts About Car Crash Claims That Every Driver Should Know!”
When it comes to car crashes, there are a lot of unknowns. How much will it cost to repair your car? What kind of compensation can you expect if the crash was caused by someone else’s negligence? And do you actually need a lawyer to help you with your claim?
These are all important questions that every driver should know the answers to, which is why we’ve rounded up seven surprising facts about car crash claims that will help you get a better understanding of the process.
1. Insurance Companies Will Try To Lowball Your Claim: After a car accident, many people assume that the insurance company will do their best to fairly compensate them for their losses. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Insurance companies often try to lowball victims and offer them settlements that are much lower than what they deserve. This is why it’s so important to have an experienced lawyer who knows how to negotiate with the insurance company and fight for your best interests.
2. You May Be Entitled To More Than Just Property Damage: Many people think that filing a car crash claim is only about getting money for repairing their car or replacing it if necessary. But what many drivers don’t realize is that they may also be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering. An experienced lawyer can help you figure out exactly what kind of compensation you may be eligible for and make sure you get the full amount you deserve.
3. Statutes Of Limitations Apply: Statutes of limitations are laws that limit how long a person has to file a lawsuit after an incident has occurred. When it comes to car crashes, these statutes vary by state but they typically range from one year to three years after the crash occurred. It’s important to be aware of these statutes so that you don’t miss out on your right to pursue legal action in time and get the compensation you deserve.
4. Time May Be Of The Essence: While statutes of limitations apply, it’s also important to note that time may be of the essence in some cases. For example, if there are any witnesses or other evidence involved in your case, it’s best to act quickly so as not to lose any crucial details about the crash. A good lawyer can help ensure that all relevant information is gathered in time and used to your advantage during negotiations or court proceedings.
5. You Don’t Have To Go To Court: Many people assume that if they are involved in a car crash, they will need to go through a lengthy trial process in order to get compensated for their losses. The truth is, however, that most cases never make it this far since attorneys are able to settle most claims outside of court through negotiations with the responsible party or their insurance company. This saves both parties time and money while still allowing victims to get the full amount they deserve for their losses.
6. Some Causes Of Accidents Are Not Always Clear Cut: It’s not always easy to determine who was at fault in a car accident since there may be multiple factors involved such as weather conditions or mechanical problems with either vehicle involved in the crash. An experienced lawyer can review all of these details and use them as leverage when negotiating with the other party or their insurance company on your behalf so that you can get fair compensation for your losses.
7. You Don’t Have To Pay Upfront: Many people worry about having enough money upfront in order to hire an attorney for their case but this doesn’t have to be an issue either since most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis meaning they only collect payment if they win your case and you receive compensation for your losses from the responsible party or their insurance company.
Hopefully these seven facts have provided some clarity on what you need to know when it comes to filing a car crash claim and why having an experienced lawyer by your side can make all the difference when it comes time for negotiations or courtroom proceedings down the line. Even if you think you have all the knowledge necessary to pursue legal action without professional help, remember that nothing can replace experience when it comes time for negotiations and getting fair compensation!