“9 Shocking Facts About Car Crash Claims You Need to Know”
Most of us never think about the possibility of getting involved in a car crash. After all, no one likes to think of the worst-case scenario. Unfortunately, car crashes can happen at any time and it’s important to know the facts about car crash claims so that you can be prepared if something happens. Here are nine shocking facts about car crash claims that you need to know:
1. Car crash victims often don’t receive enough compensation. Insurance companies do not always provide enough compensation for the medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages associated with a car crash. Without a lawyer to help fight for the appropriate amount of compensation, victims can be left with overwhelming medical bills and other financial hardships.
2. Car crashes are one of the leading causes of death in the US. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 36,000 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2018 alone. This number is staggering and underscores just how important it is for drivers to take safety precautions when behind the wheel.
3. You may be entitled to damages even if you were partially at fault for the accident. Many states have “comparative negligence” laws that allow victims to recover damages even if they were partially at fault for an accident. So even if you believe that you may have been partially responsible for a crash, it’s important to speak with a lawyer who can help assess your legal rights and options.
4. It’s important to act quickly after a car crash. In most states, there is a limited amount of time that victims have to file a claim following an accident—this is known as the statute of limitations. Failing to file within this timeframe could mean that you lose your right to recover any damages related to the accident, so it’s important to take action quickly after an accident has occurred.
5. You don’t have to settle for an insurance company’s initial offer. Insurance companies are not always willing to provide adequate compensation for car crash victims, so it’s important not to accept an initial offer without consulting with an experienced lawyer first. A lawyer can help negotiate a better settlement or take your case before a judge or jury if necessary.
6. Most lawyers work on contingency fees for car crash cases. Many personal injury lawyers will take on cases on a contingency basis, meaning that they will only receive payment if they win or settle your case on your behalf. This means that you don’t have anything out-of-pocket expenses; instead, your lawyer will take their fees out of any compensation awarded in your case.
7. Some insurance companies try to use tricks and tactics to avoid paying out claims. Unfortunately, some insurance companies will try all sorts of tactics—from delaying payment processing times to denying valid claims—in order to avoid paying out what they owe on valid claims filed by car crash victims. A skilled attorney can help protect you from these tactics and ensure that you get what you deserve from your insurance company following an accident
8. Your personal injury claim may include more than just medical bills and lost wages . In addition to seeking reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages due to an accident, many victims are also entitled to compensation for pain and suffering as well as future lost wages due to long-term disability or inability to work due to their injuries sustained in a car crash . An experienced attorney can help ensure that all applicable damages are included in any settlement or judgment obtained as part of your case .
9 . The cost of hiring an attorney is often worth it . While hiring an attorney may seem like an added expense on top of what you are already dealing with after a car crash , it is often worth it when you consider how much money they can save you in the long run . An experienced lawyer will know how best handle negotiations with insurance companies , file all necessary paperwork , and make sure that all applicable damages are included in any settlement or award obtained as part of your case .
When it comes down to it, hiring an experienced lawyer after being involved in a car crash is essential if you want fair compensation for your losses . Legal representation gives you access to resources like expert testimony , knowledge about state laws , experience negotiating , and more . An experienced lawyer knows what factors should be taken into consideration when pursuing compensation following a car crash , so they are best suited for ensuring that maximum recovery is obtained on behalf of their clients .