“Exploring Car Crash Claims in Benson, Arizona: Assessing Current Trends and Liability Issues”
Exploring Car Crash Claims in Benson, Arizona: Assessing Current Trends and Liability Issues
Car crashes are an unfortunate reality in Arizona. Benson, AZ is no exception. Each year, hundreds of car crashes occur on Benson’s roads, resulting in dozens of injuries and even fatalities. To understand the scope of these accidents and the associated legal risks, it’s important to explore the current trends and liability issues that arise from car crashes in Benson.
Understanding Benson Car Crashes
Benson has a variety of roads that pose a risk to drivers. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) reports that there were 521 reported traffic collisions in Benson during 2020 alone. Of those collisions, 467 resulted in property damage only while 54 resulted in injuries or fatalities. This means that on average, there are 1.4 collisions per day on Benson’s roads.
The types of car accidents that occur most frequently are rear-end collisions (37%), sideswipe collisions (14%), and head-on collisions (13%). The majority of these incidents (66%) occur at intersections, especially intersections with traffic signals. On the other hand, 34% of accidents occur on roadways with no signal or stop signs.
Causes of Car Crashes
Unsurprisingly, driver error is the primary cause of car crashes in Benson. ADOT reports that 34% of all crashes can be attributed to following too closely or failing to yield the right-of-way when turning left or right at intersections. Another 18% are due to speeding, while 10% involve distracted driving (e.g., texting while driving). Weather conditions such as rain or snow account for another 5%.
When it comes to assessing liability issues for car crash claims in Benson, AZ, there are a few key factors to consider:
• Negligence: Negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care under the circumstances. In order to be held liable for damages caused by a car crash, a person must have acted negligently. Negligence can take many forms, such as driving above the speed limit or texting while driving.
• Contributory Negligence: Contributory negligence occurs when both parties involved in an accident were negligent and contributed to the accident’s outcome. In this case, both parties may be held liable for damages caused by the accident. However, Arizona follows a comparative fault system which means that each party’s percentage of fault will be taken into consideration when deciding who is liable for damages caused by the accident.
• Statute of Limitations: In Arizona, victims have two years from the date of their injury to file a personal injury claim against another party for damages caused by a car crash or other incident involving negligence. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations and filing a claim outside this time frame can result in an automatic dismissal of your claim.
The Need for an Experienced Attorney
Navigating car crash claims can be complicated and overwhelming without legal assistance from an experienced personal injury attorney who understands Arizona law and has experience handling cases involving car crashes in Benson, AZ and elsewhere in Arizona. An attorney can help you understand your rights and determine who may be liable for your damages so that you can get the compensation you deserve. They will review your case carefully and advise you on whether it is best to pursue legal action or accept any settlement offers from insurers or other parties involved in the accident. Additionally, they will be able to handle any complex legal matters related to your claim such as negotiating with insurance companies or filing paperwork with courts on your behalf so that you can focus on healing after your accident instead of worrying about legal procedures or paperwork requirements associated with pursuing a claim for damages caused by a car crash in Benson, AZ.