“The 10 Biggest Car Crash Claims That Will Make You Think Twice Before Driving”
It’s no secret that car accidents can have devastating consequences for those involved, but some crashes are so extreme that they make you think twice before getting behind the wheel. Here, we look at 10 of the biggest car crash claims in history, from multi-million dollar settlements to high-speed chases gone wrong. No matter how bad the accident, it’s important to remember that you should always seek legal advice if you’ve been involved in an incident – a lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
1. The $18 million settlement: In 2019, a family was awarded $18 million after their daughter died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. The driver had driven through a red light and collided with the girl’s car, killing her instantly. The driver was sentenced to prison and the family successfully sued his insurance company for negligence.
2. The $17 million settlement: A family was awarded $17 million after their son was killed in a car accident caused by a drunk driver who had stolen a car from a gas station and was driving at excessive speeds. The family sued for wrongful death and were able to secure a settlement to help with medical expenses and funeral costs.
3. The $15 million settlement: Another family was awarded $15 million after their teenage son was killed in a high-speed chase with police officers. The officers had failed to follow protocol and were found negligent for not following safety procedures when chasing suspects in cars.
4. The $14 million settlement: A family received $14 million after their daughter was killed in a head-on collision caused by an 18-wheeler truck that had veered into her lane while she was trying to pass it on the freeway. The truck driver had fallen asleep at the wheel and failed to yield when she tried to pass him.
5. The $12 million settlement: A woman received $12 million after she lost both of her legs in a head-on collision with an impaired driver who had been drinking heavily throughout the day before crashing into her car. She successfully sued for negligence and obtained compensation for her medical bills and lost wages due to disability as well as punitive damages for pain and suffering caused by the accident.
6. The $10 million settlement: After spending eight years in prison, an inmate was awarded $10 million after he was injured during a high-speed police chase that resulted in him being thrown from his vehicle and seriously hurt by shards of glass from his windshield shattering due to impact with another vehicle during the chase. He successfully sued for negligence and obtained compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and punitive damages for pain and suffering caused by the accident as well as false imprisonment due to the police officers’ negligence.
7. The $9 million settlement: A family received $9 million after their son died in an accident while riding his motorcycle home from work one night when he collided with an impaired driver who had been drinking all day before getting behind the wheel of his car. In addition to wrongful death, they were also able sue for punitive damages due to pain and suffering caused by the accident as well as loss of wages due to disability resulting from injuries sustained during the crash.
8. The $8 million settlement: A woman was awarded $8 million after she sustained serious injuries when her husband lost control of their vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol one night and crashed into another vehicle on the highway causing both cars to rollover multiple times resulting in her sustaining numerous broken bones and internal injuries from which she never fully recovered from even with extensive physical therapy sessions over several years post-accident
9.The $7 Million Settlement: Another woman received seven millions dollars when she suffered catastrophic injuries including broken bones, internal bleeding, paralysis, disfigurement as well as psychological trauma after her vehicle collided with an 18-wheel truck that had been speeding on an interstate highway late one night while its driver fell asleep at the wheel causing him to veer into her lane resulting in an accident that left her permanently disabled
10.The 5 Million Dollar Settlement: Finally, another victim obtained five millions dollars after he sustained significant injuries when his motorcycle collided with an impaired driver who had been drinking throughout most of the day before crashing into him while driving erratically on a public road late one night causing him several broken bones as well as internal bleeding resulting in months of rehabilitation sessions post-accident
No matter how bad your accident is or how much money is involved, it’s always important that you seek legal advice following any kind of car crash or injury related incident – especially if there is any risk of long term damage or disability involved – so that you can receive any compensation you may be entitled too or even just get some peace of mind knowing your legal rights are protected even if you don’t end up receiving any money at all from your claim . Remember seeking legal advice is always worth it so don’t hesitate if ever find yourself involved in an unfortunate incident involving cars or any other kind of vehicle out there!