“The 10 Most Common Causes of Car Crash Claims: What You Need to Know”
It’s no secret that car accidents are the leading cause of injury-related fatalities in the United States. Every year, thousands of people are hurt or killed in automobile collisions, and many of these accidents could have been avoided if proper precautions had been taken. But what are the most common causes of these crashes?
In this article, we’ll take a look at the 10 most common causes of car crash claims and what you need to know to protect yourself.
1. Distracted Driving: This is one of the most prevalent causes of car crashes today. Whether it’s texting while driving, talking on the phone, eating while driving, or just not paying attention to the road ahead, distracted driving can easily lead to an accident.
2. Driver Error: Even when drivers are not distracted, mistakes can still happen. Common errors include speeding, failing to follow traffic signals, or simply not being aware of their surroundings.
3. Drunk Driving: Drunk driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents in the US. While it may seem obvious that drinking and driving is a bad idea, many people still make this mistake every year with devastating consequences.
4. Mechanical Failure: Even if a driver is careful and responsible, mechanical failure can still be a factor in an accident. Faulty brakes or tires can easily lead to an accident if not addressed in time.
5. Poor Road Conditions: Potholes and other road hazards can be dangerous for drivers and their passengers, especially if they are not aware of them beforehand. Rain, fog, ice, and snow can also make roads more difficult to navigate safely.
6. Bad Weather Conditions: Weather conditions like heavy rain, foggy conditions, high winds, and other extreme weather can make it difficult for drivers to see the road ahead and react in time to avoid an accident.
7. Fatigued Driving: Long hours behind the wheel without proper rest can easily impair a driver’s judgment and reaction time enough to cause an accident.
8. Reckless Driving: Reckless driving involves behaviors like tailgating, sudden lane changes without signaling or checking your blind spots first, and other activities that indicate a disregard for public safety laws and regulations.
9. Animal Involvement: Wildlife crossing roads pose serious risks when drivers don’t slow down or otherwise take steps to avoid them in time.
10 Ignoring Traffic Signals and Laws: Red lights don’t exist just for fun; they exist to ensure public safety by controlling traffic flow properly at intersections and other areas where drivers need to observe traffic laws carefully in order to prevent accidents from occurring.
These are just some of the most common causes of car crashes across the country today; however there are many other factors that can contribute as well including roadway design flaws or vehicle defects that were never addressed before hitting the roads with passengers inside them . Unfortunately , these types of cases often require legal assistance from experienced professionals who understand how auto insurance companies work , as well as any state laws or regulations which could come into play during litigation . Without having access to this kind of help , individuals who have been injured due to car crashes may find themselves struggling with medical bills , lost wages , pain & suffering , property damage , and other losses due to their accidents . A lawyer who specializes in auto accidents can help protect one’s rights by providing expert legal advice while also attempting to obtain fair & reasonable compensation for all damages incurred .
At the end of the day , we all need take extra caution when out on the roads – whether it’s making sure we’re following traffic laws or just paying extra attention so we don’t become distracted by our phones . Knowing what causes car crashes is an important part of keeping safe while driving; but having access to legal counsel during an automobile collision claim can also be essential in ensuring justice is served .