“The 5 Most Common Reasons for Car Crash Claims – You’ll Be Surprised!”
Car crashes are far too common these days. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were over 6 million car crash-related injuries in 2019 alone. With such a high number of crashes, it’s no surprise that car crash claims are commonplace. But what are the most common reasons for car crash claims?
The 5 Most Common Reasons for Car Crash Claims – You’ll Be Surprised!
1. Speeding – Speed is one of the most common factors in car crash claims. In fact, according to the NHTSA, speeding is a factor in more than one-third of all fatal car crashes. It’s important to remember that speed limits are set for a reason and that exceeding them can put you and other drivers at risk.
2. Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is another leading cause of car crash claims. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, distracted driving caused almost 3,500 deaths in 2018 alone. The most common forms of distracted driving include cell phone use, eating and drinking, adjusting the radio or climate control, and talking to passengers.
3. Alcohol Use – Alcohol use is also a major factor in many car crash claims. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), alcohol-impaired driving accounted for 29% of all motor vehicle fatalities in 2018. Even small amounts of alcohol can impair your judgment and reaction times, making it essential to avoid drinking and driving altogether.
4. Weather Conditions – Weather conditions can also play an important role in car crash claims. Rainy or icy roads can reduce your traction and make it difficult to stay in control of your vehicle, while fog or heavy snow can reduce visibility and make it harder to see other vehicles on the road. It’s essential to adjust your speed and drive cautiously when driving in inclement weather conditions.
5. Poor Road Conditions – Poor road conditions are another major cause of car crash claims. Potholes, broken pavement, gravel roads, or debris on the road can all increase your risk of getting into an accident. It’s important to always be aware of your surroundings and watch out for any potentially dangerous road conditions you may encounter while driving.
Why You Need a Lawyer for Car Crash Claims
If you’ve been involved in a car crash, it’s important to seek legal help as soon as possible after the accident occurs. Even if you think you were not at fault for the accident, it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can review the details of your case and determine whether or not you have a valid claim against another party involved in the accident. A lawyer can also help you negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your accident claim.
No matter what caused your car crash claim, it’s important to know that you don’t have to go through this process alone – an experienced lawyer can help guide you through each step of the process so that you get the compensation that you deserve following your accident. Don’t wait any longer – contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today!