What to do if you lose your DWI Administrative Hearing

Attorney Tyson Mutrux describes in this video what to do if you lose your DWI administrative hearing

Hi, Tyson Mutrux of the Mutrux Law Firm. Right now what I wanna do is I wanna talk about what to do if you lost your administrative hearing for your DWI case. Now you do have a couple of options. Now if you’re on a 90-day suspension, what you can do is you’re gonna actually after 30 days you can get a hardship license where you can actually drive after the 30 days. If you’re on a 5-year, 10-year denial, you can get a limited driving privilege.

Those are all beyond the scope of this video, but I really, specifically want to talk about what to do if you want to appeal that decision. Now, you do have an option if you’ve lost your hearing to file what’s called a trial de novo, just another bite at the apple. What you can do is you actually call witnesses, you can call the officer, you can cross-examine the officer, you can testify if you want to, and I’d say most attorneys don’t actually do this additional step. It is more time, it’s more money because you have to file a filing fee and everything, but it’s an option that you have and you should probably pursue it if you want to keep your license, and if you, lots of time if you’re a single parent you can’t have that 30 days without your license. It’s really hard to do. So, it’s another option people should know about.
If you have any questions about it, give us a call at (888) 550-4026 or check us at mutruxlaw.com . Thanks for watching. Have a great day.