Columbia Front-End Car Accident Lawyer
Victims involved in a front-side accident often need emergency medical assistance, as well as treatment in the days, weeks, or months following an accident. Regardless, of the degree of damages done, any amount of damages caused by another caused you financial loss; whether from medical bills, lost time at work, or both.
For help with pursing compensation for damages, reach out to a trusted car accident attorney today. A Columbia front-end car accident lawyer could help review the circumstances of your case and advise you on what you should do next.
Injuries from Frontal Impact Crashes
Frontal impact, or head-on collisions, is one of the deadliest forms of automobile accidents in which a person could be involved. This is because they often occur at high speeds; whether colliding with another vehicle, animal, tree, or other obstruction, the driver and passengers could be left with severe injuries.
Some injuries a Columbia front-end car accident lawyer may most frequently see are:
- Whiplash: caused by the sudden jerking movement where the person’s body is kept in place by a seat belt, but their head and neck continue forward, and then snap back, at the speed of the crash
- Head injuries: A driver’s head could hit the steering wheel during a frontal impact collision, which could result in anything from a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) to a coma
- Spinal cord injuries: Frontal impact collisions could cause herniated discs, cracked vertebra, or damage to the spinal cord
- Blunt trauma: Even with airbags, the driver and passengers could suffer from blunt force trauma in an accident, typically resulting in broken ribs, damage to lungs, or injury to shoulder joints
Filing an Auto-Related Injury Claim in Columbia
In an action for damages, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant was responsible for their injuries sustained in an accident. Generally, an attorney could attempt to do this by proving to the court that the defendant was negligent.
An attorney will make this argument to the court by showing that the following elements were present at the time of the accident:
- Duty: the defendant had some obligation to the plaintiff
- Breach: the defendant failed to uphold that duty
- Causation: because of this failure, the accident occurred
- Damages: the plaintiff was harmed as a result
With the help of a Columbia front-end car accident attorney, a plaintiff may be able to convince the court of this often-complex legal claim. If the case for negligence is proven, the plaintiff could then move-on to seek damages for their financial losses that derived directly from this incident.
Contact a Columbia Front-End Car Accident Attorney Today
Following a collision, you may be unsure of what legal rights you may have to seek compensation for all you have endured. A Columbia front-end car accident lawyer could explain what rights, insurance claims, lawsuits, settlement negotiations, or other legal options are available to you presently.
To find out the next steps you could take to pursue financial compensation for your damages, contact an attorney today to discuss your case.